A gift card is a great gift to both give and receive. You can either spend your gift card all in one go on something that you really want, or be more strategic with your gift card spending. The team at Voucher Town have compiled some tips for making the most out of your gift cards:
- Keep all of your e-gift cards in one place on a folder on your computer as well as printing out a copy to make sure that you have a back-up of all of the gift card information.
- If your gift cards have an expiry date, then make a note of all the expiry dates and set reminders in your calendar or diary so that you do not miss the opportunity to spend them.
- Some retailers and brands will allow you to register the gift card with them so that in the event that it gets lost your balance can still be protected with the store.
- Take a picture of all the reference numbers of the gift card and keep them on your phone. This way, if you are out shopping and see something that you want to buy but do not have the gift card information on your person, you will still be able to use it.
- If you get given a gift card that you do not like, or it does not appeal to you, then consider selling it to us at Voucher Town. We will offer you cash for any unwanted gift cards so that they do not go to waste and you are not out of pocket.
- It can be a good idea to spend the gift card immediately. If you receive a gift card as a festive present, then try and make the most of the January sales and get yourself a bargain while you still remember that you have it.
If you find that you are running out of time to spend your gift card, then some shops and brands will allow you to extend the expiry date on the gift card provided that you contact them with all of the relevant information and plenty of notice.